COVID-19: Bookings and appointment protocols
30 March 2020
Please note that Selwood House is open for bookings and procedures at our usual times. If our open hours need to change, we will endeavour to let clients know beforehand via Facebook, newsletter and on our Google listing.
We wish to highlight our existing and additional infection measures to maximise the safety of staff and clients during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will notify you of any changes to these protocols.
- We are staggering our bookings so as to reduce the number of clients on the premises at any one time.
- Please limit attendance to one person per pet if possible.
- We are lucky to have a large front veranda and spacious gardens to use as waiting and consulting areas. We are asking clients to call us when they arrive on site and to await instructions from the nurse before entering the reception.
- Please avoid entering reception until ushered in by a nurse.
- Where feasible, the vet will conduct the consultation on the front veranda before taking the pet into the clinic to conduct a physical exam and any diagnostic testing or treatments. The vet will then return your pet to you and discuss the case with you, employing safe social distancing at all times.
- Please use your or our hand sanitisers before and after the consultation. Both consult rooms also have a sink which can be used for hand washing if needed.
- Please avoid bringing children into the clinic where possible. If children need to accompany you to the clinic, please wait with them in the carpark and call the clinic to notify us of your arrival. We will endeavour to conduct these consultations in the Selwood grounds or by phone so that you can continue to keep an eye on your children.
- For some cases, we can offer telephone consultations to reduce your need to attend the clinic. Please speak to one of the nurses who can let you know what is available and the applicable charges.
- If you have any cold or flu-like symptoms, please inform the staff when booking your appointment so that safe alternative arrangements can be made.
- We are taking contactless payments by card to avoid the handling of cash.
- When collecting food or medication, we would like you to phone us in advance so you're not waiting too long.
- If you would like us to deliver medication or food to your car, please phone us when you arrive in our carpark and we can meet you outside when a staff member is available. Payment can be made over the phone in advance.
- Selwood is able to organise home delivery of medication and pet food by prior arrangement.
- Please note that for your other pet needs (including pet food, pet treats, parasite preventatives, coat care, dental care and pet toys), The Pet Health Hub is providing home deliveries to pets in the Blue Mountains (Katoomba to Springwood) three times a week. Please call the Hub on 4759 2655 to place your order. (The Pet Health Hub appreciates your support of this locally owned business.)
We appreciate your understanding and patience with these protocols, which allow us to provide preventative and curative healthcare to your pets, whilst minimising risks to you and our staff.
Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions: 4758-8990.